• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Is there a text replacement app?

i mean, if i type #abc# then this should be replaced with "i am leaving now and will be htere in one hours time"

so... just an easy way to store ready made texts

ive found one called inserty - the developer stopped developing sometime ago
not sure if it's 100% what i want though

let me know if u guys know of anything

ive searched - but the problem is i'm not sure exactly what to search for!

thanks

(aparently blackberries have this functionality built in)

Upvote 0
i mean, if i type #abc# then this should be replaced with "i am leaving now and will be htere in one hours time"

so... just an easy way to store ready made texts

ive found one called inserty - the developer stopped developing sometime ago
not sure if it's 100% what i want though

let me know if u guys know of anything

ive searched - but the problem is i'm not sure exactly what to search for!

thanks

(aparently blackberries have this functionality built in)

All of the SMS replacement apps I mentioned offer an option for quick text, like you are looking for. it is different than dialing a # though, you have to open the SMS app

Upvote 0
If you use say Handcent .....does that mean you dont need "texting" thru your Carrier? Clarke Howard is pushing Handcent and others like it will replace your Carriers service ... thanks .....m

It doesn't replace your carrier text messaging plan, it only replaces the stock messaging app. It still uses text messages through your phone service.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones