• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Is there a voip app that does -not- sign out?

SkinJob

Oct 5, 2010
I'm getting pretty annoyed with these voip apps.... I've tried Skype, Dell Voice (Fongo), Viber, Kakao Talk, and many others. I find they're not reliable, because after reboots and whatnot, you get "signed out". You may not know it and its difficult to remember and type passwords/usernames to sign in. So I don't see how they can ever try to compete with your mobile phone service - which doesn't require that you "prepare" your phone every time someone calls.

I'm trying out voip apps, because I would like to call and receive calls from someone in another country (mexico) on my mobile - for free. I'm looking for such an app that won't sign itself out, or better still, does not require that you sign in! Does such an app exist?

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones