• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Is there a way to turn off icon alerts for apps/messages

grneyez99

Lurker
Apr 14, 2011
I just purchased an EPIC after having a blackberry. Is there a way to turn off alerts icons for apps/messages so that it only makes a sound or vibrates when there is a new message or app alert but does not display the alert icon on the menu displaying what the alert is for?

I own an HTC Evo and under "menu" of the Default Text message app i can disable alerts and sounds for texting.

I also downloaded an app called "Handcent SMS" which is another Text message app that will give you way more control over alerts and what shows up and allows you to blacklist certain contacts ... etc..

As for Icon alerts on other Apps, you have to look under the Menu settings for each one, if you dont want the alert, dont sign in.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones