• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Is this a Flytouch 5 or Clone? If you own a FT5 Plz help!!!

Hi Forum,

I'm interested in purchasing the following Flytouch 5:-

8GB 10.2" Android 2.3 GPS WIFI 3G Car HDMI Tablet PC Camera FLYTOUCH 5 UK Seller | eBay

Can someone that owns a FT5 please check the System Info Screenshot on this list and confirm if this is a genuine IBEX FT5 please?

Thanks,
Kiz

well.....as the listing has been pulled that is going to be difficult!!

I would say probably not, if you want a genuine iBex branded tablet you should go to apad.tv forum and look for the approved sellers list and buy it from one of those companies.

Reactions: Kiz
Upvote 0
Thats Odd... I'll try again with the link...

8GB 10.2" Android 2.3 GPS WIFI 3G Car HDMI Tablet PC Camera FLYTOUCH 5 UK Seller | eBay

h t t p :// cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=290653922506

Copy and paste the above. The link doesn't seem to work, the Tablet still appears to be available...

Thanks,
Kiz

Upvote 0
Thats Odd... I'll try again with the link...

h t t p :// cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=290653922506

Copy and paste the above. The link doesn't seem to work, the Tablet still appears to be available...

Thanks,
Kiz

The new links still dont work for me..even cut and pasted....bizarre! However, opening ebay and pasting the item number in the search box works!

As there is no mention on the advert of iBex I doubt it is that brand, also they are not on iBex's approved seller list.

I'm sorry but do not have an iBex branded one to confirm the model number of 'MID'

HERE and HERE are the authorised iBex brand ebay shops...decide for yourself, but I can see there are slight differences in the quoted specs, iBex camera = 0.3 MPx your ebay shop=1.3MPx (not sure that will be correct though!) and the price!!

Reactions: Kiz
Upvote 0
Ive emailed the seller to provide a picture of the packaging and if this is an IBEX model. Will let you know if they come back with details...

Thanks for looking!

Ok Kiz, but the box is something you usually bury in a cubboard after you unpack the tablet! Just being supplied in an iBex box should just mean it is an iBex branded tablet, and being in a different box does not make it any better or worse than the iBex branded tablet, despite what iBex claim.

I think I would be more interested in specs, aftersales & warranty, price, speed of delivery,sellers reputation and returns policy than the box it comes in.

I found a reference on the apad.tv forum to the model number of the iBex Flytouch 5...

Model No: MID
Android Version: 2.3
Baseband Version: Unknown
Kernel Version: 2.6.35.7 root@zjd #4
Build number: MID-userdebug 2.3 GRH55 eng.root.20111122.173305 test-keys

so with it being the same model number I would doubt there is any discernable difference between your ebayers tablet and the iBex one.

Upvote 0
Found this Authorized resellers review post: .......

And I found twenty other adverts but I thought I wouldn't spam the thread by posting them, and none of those adverts I found defame other sellers.

How is a review from a seller going to be of any use what-so-ever? A review, to have any value, needs to be totally un-biased. i.e. written by someone not connected to the company selling the item. I'm sure the OP already has already made up their mind what to buy but if you want an example of a review to aspire to I suggest you read THIS one originally posted by androidexpert.

As you seem adept at posting adverts for iBex would it be fair to assume you can lay your hands on an iBex branded FT5? If so, perhaps you could supply the OP with the info that they requested in post #1 or are you only able to post adverts?

Upvote 0
How is a review from a seller going to be of any use what-so-ever? A review, to have any value, needs to be totally un-biased. i.e. written by someone not connected to the company selling the item. I'm sure the OP already has already made up their mind what to buy but if you want an example of a review to aspire to I suggest you read THIS one originally posted by androidexpert.

Well said, I find it so frustrating that you get these iBex posters all over these and other forums making up pure 100% lies. The problem is that the average Joe who doesn't know too much about computing will fall into these traps and believe the ibex marketing campaign. Firstly there are probably in excess of 500 accounts used to post propaganda about iBex and apad.tv but most of these posters are in fact the same person.

What is sad is that instead of trying to promote the market for these niche tablets coming out of China these iBex idiots are actually confusing people and making them think "actually I better just buy an iPad to be on the safe side because there seem to be a lot of fakes around".

I have been in the computing industry for years and have worked with many big name companies and on high profile projects but I’m not going to elaborate further, I just want to let everyone know that I know what I’m talking about. The fact is that all these tablets are built around CPU's from companies like Freescale, Infortmix and others. The motherboards are also made by them. What the average user needs to know is that iBex does not make CPU's, they do not make the motherboards, they don't create the firmware (unless it's a very basic modification of another ROM), they don't manufacture anything as far as I can tell. All they do is buy the same tablet PC's and stick an iBex sticker on them. One thing they do manufacture though (and of this I am certain) are boxes. Thousands of boxes with iBex logos on them LOL! You are essentially paying extra money to a company that makes boxes if you buy an iBex tablet over a superpad VI (the funny thing is that the iBex Flytouch 5 is a superpad VI LOL).

This is not a marketing pitch, I'm not going to give you a link that says
"click here for official iBex tablets" or "click here for official superpad VI".
Buy your tablet of ebay or 'whatever dot com' I don't care, heck you can even buy it from iBex or where ever else for all I care but iBex and it's reps need to know that we don't do business in the western-world by slagging off other companies with lies, it is damaging for the whole industry and actually makes you look very bad in the process. I wouldn't by an iBex for this reason alone! On the other hand look at a company like Zenithink, they started off small but through real innovation, research and development they have become a powerful company. Maybe one day they could even be like HTC, LG or Samsung. iBex on the other hand will get nowhere claiming other people’s inventions and spreading lies and this I guarantee.

Reactions: Kiz and dart16
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones