• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Is this a real app?

rubinscube

Dec 5, 2009
Colorado
I was told by a Verizon employee when I got my droid eris that there was a free app that allowed you to see in real-time images on your phone from a pc web cam. he couldn't remember the name but was sure it existed. it would be cool to check out my apartment through my pc web cam on my phone and make sure my cats have not eaten my Chinese-fire-bellied-toads while I'm away.:D

1: Setup your USB/WEB camera on your PC. You will need a WebCam server package.:thinking:
2: Start your own WebCam server on your PC. The server will manage to capture the video frame and delivery the image to the client.
3: Now you can monitor your own WebCam video either on your phone or another remote PC via Internet Browser.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones