• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Issue after disconnecting from Bluetooth device

laurenaria

Lurker
Mar 26, 2012
Hey all,

I have a HTC Aria running Android 2.2 and have just started to have a new problem. I have a blueant Bluetooth device in my car and when I switch it off (to conserve battery when I get out of the car), it has recently begun to restart my phone. Not a big deal, except each time it restarts, I lose all of my contacts (they are all saved on the sim). But if I manually restart the phone after it does is itself, the contacts reappear. It doesn't seem to affect any other aspect of my phone. If I leave the blueant on and allow it to disconnect automatically when the phone is out of range, I don't have this issue, but sometimes if I receive a call in the house, it will divert the call to the car outside, which is more annoying than losing all my contacts.

Normally, my brother would figure all this stuff out, but he is living in London and I'm in Sydney, which makes everything very difficult.

I would appreciate any advice or further clarifying questions, because another trip to the phone doctor and I could have bought a new handset by now

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones