• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Issue w/ new post notification emails from "Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1" forum

Email notifications for subscribed threads are being prefixed with the word "General" in the title and subject line. The title in the thread is correct... only the email is wrong. It only happens for new post notifications in the GTab 10.1 forum. For example, here is a cut/paste from the beginning of one of the emails I received (emphasis added):
"From: Android Forums / Subject: Reply to thread 'General Proud New Owner!'
bloodylipp has just replied to a thread you have subscribed to entitled - General Proud New Owner! - in the Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 forum of Android Forums.

This thread is located at:
http://androidforums.com/samsung-galaxy-tab-10-1/513224-proud-new-owner-new-post.html"

Not sure how long this has been happening, but it wasn't always this way.

Reactions: Mr. Lucky
Upvote 0
Ah, makes sense - TU! I guess what originally made me notice was that I received a reply email to a thread I had started, and the "General" completely (and comically) changed the meaning. Before realizing it was only in the email title, I had one of those "DOH!" moments... wondering how I could have made such a stupid blunder.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones