• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Issues with Chomps.

Needsdecaf

Android Expert
Nov 6, 2009
Northern VA
Anyone use chomps for SMS's?

I have had it installed for about two weeks, and everything was fine. All of a sudden, two days ago I started having issues. I was texting back and forth with my wife, when all of a sudden, I stopped getting her texts. I could still send her texts, and she would get them, but I would not get hers. Wasn't sure what was going on, so I power-cycled both phones and that brought it on-line.

Next day, we were texting again, and for a while everything was good. Then, all of a sudden, it happened again. This time, I checked with a couple of other people and I wasn't getting texts, yet I could still send them and they would be received.

I unstalled task manager in the event that somehow that was quitting something important. No dice. So I uninstalled chomps and used the native sms app and all was fine. Tried re-installing chomps and the problem returned.

Any reason why that would happen? Very strange. Native SMS app is still working fine.

I had the same issue that you did on what I believe was the same day in which you made your post. Like yourself, went through all of the settings in my vain attempt at correcting the problem. Ultimately, I removed the program, and everything worked perfectly again. i will attempt to re-install the program again later to see if I have similar issues. On a side note, Chomps doesn't provide for sending pictures with texts. I like the "look" of Chomps since it so closely resembles iChat on my Mac, but these issues will ultimately have to be fixed for me to use it again in the future.

Upvote 0
I am having a different problem with Chomps, and had the same thing on Handcent. I have reminders turned off in native messaging and don't see any enabled on Chomps (or Handcent before i trashed it), but I keep getting reminders hours after an unread text was sent. I like the pop-up incoming text function and want the LED to keep flashing, but I don't want the same message to keep coming through. Any suggestions? Thanks, all. (I have the Moto/Verizon Droid - and LOVE it!)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones