• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Jan 22nd 2.1 update

Indeed, i've tried all the Home replacements and GDE seems to run fastest and most stabel on my droid. Sweeter Home is something beyond cool, I just don't have the patience to set it up quite yet, will probably wait for the marketplace release.

The cube effect that I am talking about is similar to the LG Versa...if you have seen the way that transitions from homescreen to homescreen. When you slide to the next screen it warps the current and next screen so that it looks like your turning a cube on it's side. It has a few other little transition effects like that too if you don't like the cube. Its not something that is a huge deal, just different from the regular panning from screen to screen that all the other home screen solutions have.

Now back on topic, so it doesn't look like the 22nd will be 2.1....thats a bummer. There are no other rumored dates flying around at all?

Upvote 0
When I had my Nexus One, I ran a live wallpaper for a whole day to see if it had an effect on battery life. It obviously does because when I checked the battery usage screen, screen usage was #1 (duh) and the live wallpaper was #2. The percentage difference was huge but I was amazed to see the live wallpaper had that much of an effect.

Screen use is always number one for battery drain. And for 2.02...I really do not believe that will be the case. This is all just my speculation but I think 2.1 will involve the maintenance update. Just my opinion and I could be way way off. Hopefully I am right tho!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones