• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

jav script

• Thread starter Android Question
  • Start date
If the site you're playing on gives you an error - that you need Java or Javascript to play - whoever wrote the site doesn't know much about writing websites. You already have both Java and Javascript in your tablet. (Android apps run in Java and Javascript is part of the web browser.) You can't "need google" to play a game on the web. That would be like "needing Chicago" to buy something in New York. Google is a website - a place on the web - and you can't "need" one place to be in another place.

It's possible that the site will only run on a Windows computer, and there's nothing you could do about that - your tablet runs Android, not Windows. (I guess you could buy a Microsoft Surface if the game is that important to you, but that won't run any Android apps. Windows isn't Android and Android isn't Windows.

I really doubt that anyone is stupid enough to have done that (although I've seen some pretty bad websites), so create a free account here and send me a private message with a link to the site you're having a problem with and, if you're misunderstanding something, I'll explain it to you. If it's not something you're misunderstanding, I'll contact the author of the site and try to explain how reality works. Writing a site that runs only on Windows isn't it.

Reactions: scary alien
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones