• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Verizon Software Upgrade Assistant for QUANTA

I believe Quanta discontinued making tablets about 3-4 years ago now. So any online support and/or downloads may have been ceased as well.

Just a thought, is this device related to the Ellipsis series of tablets by Verizon. Because those were made by Quanta. Maybe their update tool can be used, if it's available?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
As long as the binaries still exist on their servers, I should still be able to use the tool to update it. If not, maybe I can get my hands on the right binaries and find a way to load it. The boot menu is missing options.

Luckily I can use it right now for the one app I need, running the existing Marshmallow. The highest release for this was Nougat. Just being anal about getting the last one in case I run into another app I need (or an update) that requires 7 or higher. Thanks for your input though.

Reactions: mikedt and Dannydet
Upvote 0
I got through to a tech support agent by chat. The Windows utility does still exist, but after almost an hour of making my case for getting it, we determined they will not give it to me. I need to contact the original owner, who never registered or activated it, and have him release it. He got it as a freebie from Verizon about 5 years ago and gave it to me in Oct '22, dead. I just replaced the battery and it works fine. The original owner does not want to be bothered with any of this. I guess I am stuck on Marshmallow (pun intended).

Reactions: ocnbrze and AugieTN
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones