• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root JB Devices can now be rooted

Two attempts ... didn't work for me. :(

We'll see if there are any updates or changes made that will help me out. Until then, I'll wait patiently as I'm LOVING JB. :smokingsomb:

===========================================

UPDATE: Fourth time was the charm!!! Here's what I had to do to get the exploit to work.

1 - Go to Settings > Apps > scroll over to 'All' > then scroll down to SmartActions
2 - Press 'Force Stop' > press 'Uninstall Updates' > press 'Clear data'
3 - Lastly, going against the directions, I put my RAZR MAXX in 'Media device (MTP)' mode ... not 'Mass Storage'.

Rooted once again!!! :cool: :rock:

Upvote 0
Rothfus, many of us take advantage of root access to flash different ROMs onto the phone. Which is like getting a new phone - which is both good and bad.
Good: new phone, cool! :)
Bad: new phone, now I have to set up all my apps and such again...

I've been trying out ROMs from here
Droid Razr ROMs (Jelly Bean Kernel) [XT912] - DroidRzr.com

if you're new to flashing ROMs, which I presume you are based on the question you asked, there is a LOT to know before you commit to doing it. There is some good information here, and on the site linked above, and probably over on XDA - though I haven't been there in quite a while.
Read until you understand what's involved, at least in principle. That way you'll be less at a disadvantage SHOULD something go wrong in the flash.

Upvote 0
Screenshots from my registration attempt.....\

Attachments

• Screenshot at 2013-02-23 14:45:03.png
    Screenshot at 2013-02-23 14:45:03.png
    190.9 KB · Views: 74
  • Screenshot at 2013-02-23 14:45:17.png
    Screenshot at 2013-02-23 14:45:17.png
    203.9 KB · Views: 114
Upvote 0
I've been regged there for a while so I don't get the security check, it's hard to tell if you checked off both " email from admins & agree to TOS ".
If you have, check any adblocker type settings you may have, good luck.

I have not rooted yet.

I just tried doing it again with BetterPrivacy and Adblock Plus disabled, to no avail.

Wondering if you can send me the url for the actual download page??

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones