• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Jelly Bean is coming!

As I mentioned in another thread in this forum, I received an unbranded, unlocked phone from Orange. I won't get an Orange update filling my phone with bloatware through Kies will I?

Actually, there's a 'software update' option under the 'about phone' menu, do I even need to use Kies? Is that on over-the-air update? I've just confused myself thinking about it now, ha.

Upvote 0
As I mentioned in another thread in this forum, I received an unbranded, unlocked phone from Orange. I won't get an Orange update filling my phone with bloatware through Kies will I?

Actually, there's a 'software update' option under the 'about phone' menu, do I even need to use Kies? Is that on over-the-air update? I've just confused myself thinking about it now, ha.

I also have an unbranded device from work which didn't get any Orange branding on my update to ICS. You shouldnt get any Orange software on the device if you update through Kies or OTA ;)

Not 100% sure but Samsung don't allow users to update over the air unless it's a Google Nexus or something which do get OTA updates as it's a samsung device with a different name on it.

Reactions: D-U-R-X
Upvote 0
I had to use Kies to get my ICS update. The OTA just told me that teh phone was upto date. I don't think it's a branding thing as I have recieved OTA updates before... small ones. Maybe it's a size thing ;)

Samsung pick and choose which updates are available OTA, however full firmware updates are done via Kies ;)

Upvote 0
Apparently all Android device manufacturers are gearing up to release Jelly Bean to current Orange android devices during October.

I agree there isnt much information in that small statement as to which devices are getting it but I will try to keep you posted ;)

Came the statement at the beginning of October

Note 1 *looks around and shrugs* :D

*Looks around and shrugs again*
I know that you were only trying to help and passing on what you'd been told but yet again...... it turned out to be pure rubbish. It's rediculous :mad: Every single product launch, upgrade, event, you name it..... Manufacturers, service providers, the whole damn circus is rife with incompetency and it'll never change.

Some idiots even call this a good thing as it "Inspires Innovation". No it doesn't, it breeds impossible deadlines which in turn breeds cover ups, lies and rumours.

My industry works on the premise of under promise and over deliver. You guys are the polar opposite. It's a disgrace that would see my company go out of business

*Rant Over* :D

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones