• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Jelly Bean on Boost Force

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1376754317153.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1376754317153.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 117
Upvote 0
So will it fail while updating or will it update and restore stock rom /root (break) root?

Most likely with custom rec it will fail, that has been the case in most updates but don't hold me to that. With stock rec it may over write the system and break root even tho it preserves your data. We may even still be able to reroot with same method. But custom rec will not work the same ither, so as Mel Gibson said, "Do you really wanna!" This is where the fun begins all over again. :)

Upvote 0
GUYS, ZTE HEARD US!!! I did some looking around and as of 8/1/13, the Sprint Force received its Jelly Bean update!!! Find and update the software version on your Sprint Force

Ours truley is on the way! We did it team :D :beer:

This link is showing you how to manually update by going to settings/system updates on your phone. In the link it shows the same Baseband with the new 4.1
try it see if it works :)

Upvote 0
This link is showing you how to manually update by going to settings/system updates on your phone. In the link it shows the same Baseband with the new 4.1
try it see if it works :)

Oh yea I forgot most of ya'll are on Boost. So who ever Takes the plunge post up some screenies of home and settings menu. I see some camera enhancement listed too.

Upvote 0
yea, we got that same stuff for the warp sequent, about 6 months before they actually update anything. have fun holding your breath people lol. and the sequent was pushed ota, so when it comes out it will automatically download to the phone, with all the wonderful bugs too lmao. but yea itll be a while guys so dont get too excited yet

Upvote 0
I'm looking at buying this phone. I see the boost site says it has 4.1, but I see these threads here saying its not a 4.1 phone, so I'm confused. If I bought a new Force from boost tomorrow, would it be 4.1 or not?

It is getting 4.1 but if you bought it right now you wouldn't get it fresh out the box. Your gonna have to join the waiting game with us. Its still a good phone though

Reactions: Sir_Cusfreak
Upvote 0
I'm looking at buying this phone. I see the boost site says it has 4.1, but I see these threads here saying its not a 4.1 phone, so I'm confused. If I bought a new Force from boost tomorrow, would it be 4.1 or not?

Currently it is still 4.0 ICS. Update has not been pushed ota yet. Sprint models can possibly update manually thru settings but nobody is willing to test it yet either. ;)

Upvote 0
Too bad. TBH, I have a fairly ok phone, I'm looking to upgrade but *only* for 4.1
I want the new 'Keep' features.
I'll keep a watch here to see if this comes about, but I'll keep looking till then.
Thanks for answers. Much appreciated!

I recommend watching the forum. When we get jb you'll know. This device is awesome. the software not so much

Reactions: lagr89
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones