• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Jelly Bean on Epic 4g?

Yes, I have Jelly Bean.

As mentioned, it suffers from LOS (loss of signal) and the phone keeps reverting to airplane mode. If you do not have a strong wifi connection, your battery life is HORRIBLE (like 2-3 hours).

It's in beta state right now, if this is your primary phone I would not do the update at all. I have it on a seldom used back up phone. Jelly Bean is awesome though, can't wait until it comes out for real, or at least there is a real root alternative. LOS is unbearable, even on a back up phone. About to flash back to GB and then back up to ICS today.

Edit:

Apparently there are some new updates that fix the wifi and LOS issues. I just flashed the updates, will report back.

Upvote 0
Well, I'm must be really dumb as a rock. I just got ICS notification, now there's Jelly Bean??? And worse, I thought JB was for tabs only.

I don't even want ICS so JB isn't on the radar screen.

MM

since ICS all android firmware updates should be compatible across phones and tablets.
there is no official update for JB for any US phones (besides the international galaxy nexus) and you will probably never see a official update for the Epic 4g touch from sprint or Samsung.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones