• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Jelly Beans first impressions

JediSamReye

Apr 3, 2010
So far all that I have really noticed different is Google now of course and also the navigation keys have changed at the bottom, now they are stock. Also the install of Verizon voice calling, seems a little smoother I'll run a quadrant and see if it went up or stayed the same

Yeah I knew I jumped the gun, and how stable and clean this leak is I would say your very right, I don't see anything that makes this not an ota condition release. I am coming from the nexus, I have been waiting to go back to jelly bean, I have been missing it so much, so I decided to take my chances and get it. Its very stable :) I'm happy

Upvote 0
Just upgraded ota....quadrant went up from 51.. Something to 5395, stock buttons, google now

Meh, no biggie, glad to have it though

Attachments

• Screenshot_2012-11-15-07-07-40-1.png
    Screenshot_2012-11-15-07-07-40-1.png
    54.2 KB · Views: 65
Upvote 0
UGH! 4.04 on Moto M had a dark scheme on contacts, etc that I liked. Now it's all light color scheme - and unconfigurable.

There also seem to be new menu animations/transitions - also unconfigurable.

So sad that this "upgrade" has fewer UI options and themes than my HTC Incredible did, running 2.3.

Still no sync with Facebook contact photos.

At least after the full OTA update, the thing still operates... :p

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones