• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

JH2 firmware installed... So far so good

I swapped my sim back into my iphone and decided to play around with my captivate. I decided to install the JH2 firmware and followed all the steps even disabled the GPS logging.

The phone seems alot snappier, but it could just be me.

I also, set my GPS settings to the recommended of supl.google.com, etc. I went outside and within about 15 seconds got a lock in google maps and accuracy started at 10 meters then eventually to 5 meters.

I then jumped on the bike and rode around for about 15 miles going through town. Maps kept up pretty well and most times when I checked the accuracy was at 10 meters.

This is WAY different than the stock firmware, google maps was pretty useless even with the settings. I know this isn't a final release but it seems at least that they are getting closer to getting the phone perfect.

Just thought i'd share my experiences.

I swapped my sim back into my iphone and decided to play around with my captivate. I decided to install the JH2 firmware and followed all the steps even disabled the GPS logging.

The phone seems alot snappier, but it could just be me.

I also, set my GPS settings to the recommended of supl.google.com, etc. I went outside and within about 15 seconds got a lock in google maps and accuracy started at 10 meters then eventually to 5 meters.

I then jumped on the bike and rode around for about 15 miles going through town. Maps kept up pretty well and most times when I checked the accuracy was at 10 meters.

This is WAY different than the stock firmware, google maps was pretty useless even with the settings. I know this isn't a final release but it seems at least that they are getting closer to getting the phone perfect.

Just thought i'd share my experiences.

I'm still on stock FW. I tried GPS on the way home from work and during my lunchtime walk. If I use GPS Status first, it locks within 5-10 seconds within feet. If I don't, it just doesn't lock.

It's pretty odd actually.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones