• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Apps Just a few noob questions

I was wondering how to make my app when it opens up have a signin screen? I want it to where you can signin with either Google +, Facebook & Twitter, & if they don't have a account there will be a signup button or if they forgot their password a forgot password button. The other thing I'd like to learn how to do is have a little popup menu that will have a refresh button and a exit the app button. If this is confusing at all please feel free to let me know.

Technologx said:
Something else I forgot to mention how do I make it where all links in the app will open in the app instead of the browser?
Android has a WebView class that displays html inside your app's Activity. Javascript is disabled by default because it allows a website to potentially take over control of your app. Use addJavascriptInterface() with caution, especially with untrusted links. In fact it is best to only use javascript with WebView for html and javascript code that you write yourself.

Use setWebViewClient to override the default behavior of launching the web browser so that links will open with your WebView.

Sent with Forum Fiend 2

Last edited:
Reactions: Technologx
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones