• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Just Downloaded FROYO 2.2 via Kies Mini

Menu -> Settings -> Applications -> USB Settings -> Samsung Kies.

Also, make sure if you're running LauncherPro or another home replacement that you exit it and have TouchWiz launcher running.

Thanks, Luke.

Nothing was happening for me until I switched out to TW and activated Kies from Setting instead of the popup.

And I turned Tasker off for good measure, too.

Upvote 0
I can't get Kies mini to see my device unless I put it in debugging first..anybody else have that? Windows 7 laptop

That is exactly what the instructions say to do.....

While the computer is restarting, we will need to configure the phone so that Kies Mini can talk to it. Follow the steps below:
  1. On the phone, USB Debugging should be enabled. To do this, go to Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging. Tap Ok to the message.
  2. Plug the cable into the phone and then into the computer. The computer should detect new hardware and install automatically. It will do this for several devices and may take a few moments.
  3. Unplug the cable from the phone and power off the device. Hold down both the volume up & down keys while inserting the data cable. The phone will enter a Downloading mode. The computer will then install the rest of the driver files. If there is a problem with Windows finding the driver, let it search online to grab them. Once the computer has finished, unplug the device from the computer, remove the cover, remove the battery, insert the battery, and place the cover back on. Lastly, power on the device.
  4. Restart the computer.

Upvote 0
Ok, hadn't seen it, but I went ahead and updated using kies full (ver 1.5.3.10093_82) as I didn't want to put the mini version on my laptop (32 bit windows 7 pro). Everything worked fine. Kies showed me the update and ran it smoothly. Phone is up and working running Froyo. Was stock before upgrade.

After updated to 2.2, can you still sync Microsoft Outlook with the Captivate using Kies ver 1.5.3.10093_82?

My Captivate is rooted and unlocked. Has anyone done a 2.2 update with a rooted and unlocked Captivate yet?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones