• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Just had to beat the Metro drum

So I've been on my Google Nexus 6 now for almost 2 years. It's mics just died and can't be replaced (supposedly). Waaaa. What a great phone. I sure got my $220 worth out of it.

I've always worked well with the Metro folk over on Faceplant so I went to chat with them. I am an almost 6 year Metro customer. Low and behold, I had a "Promotional Pricing Upgrade" on my account. I got the same deal as a new customer. Ahh, remember the days when we'd all get PO'd because the nOObs would get a killer deal while the longer termers got squatolla. Then Double low and behold when the Auth Dealer gives me the full discount INCLUDING the $30 Mail in Rebate. I got the LG Stylo 3 Plus for $175 out the door. They did hit me for $10 to activate, not a corporate store. I can live with $10.

Not to mention, I guess either the Stylo has a frequency the N6 didn't or my N6 had radio issues but I got 25 Mps DL here tonight, about 10 more than I've ever seen here. Whee!

Yeah, will probably blow right through my usual 13-15 G a month usage this month. :)

Bruce in Ocala, Fl

Screenshot_2018-08-28-21-15-21.png
Ya hungh, GETTIN Mah $60 worth a TMetro teat! Bruce in Ocala, Fl

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones