• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

just ordered my otterbox

I have 2 Otterbox Commuters in orchid coming for the One S phones I have. I just thought the great thing about the phone is small and the defender was just too bulky.

I think they are due late next week. They definitely use a rather slow shipping method, but they did ship out about a day after ordering.

Upvote 0
I should have come back and posted here as well.

My wife and daughter are both very happy with their Otterbox Commuters. Personally, I think it's more bulk than I'd want to add to my phone (I usually go naked), but it's great protection. Also, the back is a little too slick for my liking. You can easily slide it across a flat desk.

There was a problem with my order though. One screen protector was fine. The other one was the wrong protector. It was completely rectangular (the good one was rounded a bit at the top) and didn't fit the phone well. Plus one corner was crimped a bit, so it never would have worked anyhow.

Their customer service was great and handled the situation well, going above and beyond to make me happy.

Upvote 0
it is a bit on the bulky side, but like i said, in my line of work, i'd rather have as much protection as possible. i'm a roller coaster mechanic. i'd like to give my high dollar phone as much of a fighting chance as possible if it falls out of my pocket or if i drop it while way up high. chances are that it'll fall into one of the lagoons anyway, but you never know. lol.
every one of us here at the shop have defender cases on our smartphones.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones