• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root just rooted/unlocked/s-off'd...now why can't i install any roms?

droiddekka

Sep 8, 2012
i want to be running AOKP (preferably jelly bean but im not picky)

so i downloaded team dirt and flashed it with my ext4 recovery (pretty slick...im coming from clockwork mod on an optimus v)

and i get the boot animation unicorn gear thing and then it bootloops on me.

i did the "fix everything" steps except the prl fix

also...my htc evo v is not activated yet...do i need to do that?

i'm running hboot 1.57

not sure about any other details...im not stupid tho so feel free to ask if i missed something

some help would be awesome...there are really not enough youtube vids out there so i gotta post here. any info you can provide would be awesome

thank you

You probably should have activated your phone before rooting, you might want to use a stock or stock based rom until you activate your phone...
But to run any non-sense rom you need to be on something other than 1.58 or 1.57. If you did the "fix everything" thread you should actually be on 1.04, which should let you flash the aokp rom you're wanting to flash.

Upvote 0
You probably should have activated your phone before rooting, you might want to use a stock or stock based rom until you activate your phone...
But to run any non-sense rom you need to be on something other than 1.58 or 1.57. If you did the "fix everything" thread you should actually be on 1.04, which should let you flash the aokp rom you're wanting to flash.

DOH! ok thanks.

Upvote 0

yep...i dropped it to 1.04...now i'm in a bootloop

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones