• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root kangerade market issues

ericks17

Dec 13, 2009
We posted this in the kangerade thread but got no answers.

I just flashed the cyan kangerade 1.1, and wiped data/cache a few times in sprecovery before installing it. But when the phone booted, the market attempted to recover all my apps (which took a short while the first time i tried kangerade), and it has not made any progress installing the apps. They are all just stuck in the download screen either 'downloading' or 'installing.' Any reason for this, and what should I do?

I cannot get anything from the market. When I click on an app it downloads fine but never gets passed "installing", checked to see if maybe they still show up in app drawer but nope.

Can anyone help us?

Happens to me intermittently, I just cancel it right away and try again.

It happens sometimes to me also. Sometimes canceling and starting it again right away will get it to install, sometimes a reboot works, but actually I have noticed that these issues have been using wifi. Over 3g it all seems to work fine.

only problem is i cant cancel tho when it says installing. the ones that get stuck on downloading i do cancel and try again but still the same lol. Just tried 3g as well, went back to my Nexfro backup and now it's doing the same thing lol.

EDIT: It does now work on Nexfro, just got it working. I just don't know why the market doesn't work on kangerade, I had kangerade v1.1.

Upvote 0
Reactions: ericks17
Upvote 0
I switched to NexFro also and the recovering apps worked (took long but worked), but now the market wont install individual app downloads! Ive tried switching kernels, but i think i may have to do another ROM switch. Any way around this without reflashing again? Im running NexBeast v0.1.1 with gjdlfg 1.0ghz. Everything is stable but the market...except when i go into manage applications and click an individual app, the data is stuck on computing(assuming this is a related issue).

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones