• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Keep iPhone or Wait?

It depends how long you are prepared to wait - the iPhone 5 looks like it will be out in September.

I definitely wouldn't get an iPhone 4 now because the 5 will be out in a few months. I also think that the SGS2 is a much better phone than the iPhone 4. Who knows what rabbits Mr Jobs will pull out of the hat the next time but I have to say that the iPhone will have to make very substantial improvements to be better than the SGS2.

Upvote 0
If you asked the same question in an iPhone forum it's obvious they may say something somewhat different :) We are a wee bit biased over here!

All I would say is the G2 is definitely the best phone in terms of hardware - if it's software you want then the iPhone is the place to be - but hopefully that won't last for too much longer!

Upvote 0
Just got the Galaxy S2 4G they call it here in canada. I had an iPhone 4 (had to change providers due to bad service where I moved) decided to try this phone. Seems like a real good phone. Battery life in iPhone was a bit better. Seems like pretty much all androids do not really do well with battery. Mind you I havent put the phone down and I have only went a couple of charges. People say it takes a few charges to get bettery battery life. This was also true with my iPhone. The Galaxy works no problem multi tasking. Its fast and so far have found no lag.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones