• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
i understand that there are different kernals. i thought they were put in the rom. i saw one that said try all kernals. how do you do this. do you flash like a rom? only been on android for about 10 days so any help would be great. thank you

Icecold is right, do a backup before flashing just in case and they are flashed just like a rom. As a rule i would follow whatever instructions the dev has for installing them, doing that will result in less headaches. Also from experience you cant go from kernel to kernel in some cases without flashing stock kernel first, good example of that would be going from genocide kernel v. 2 to twilight kernel as it would cause fc issues. Hope that helps:)

Reactions: only1penny
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones