• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Kernel changed after TiBu restore

sensation

May 24, 2011
Hi all,

recently i flashed 2.3.6 XXJVT ROM on my GT-I9000. I had 2.3.3 DDJV6 earlier(India release) which I had backed up using TiBu. after the flashing, I restored the apps using TiBu. What I noticed after the restore was that the WiFi, Bluetooth etc icons in the notification area have returned to what they used to be in my earlier 2.3.3 ROM. The icons immediately after flashing but before TiBu restore were different. A similar thing happened to the Kernel name in my "About Phone" which changed after I performed a TiBu restore.

So my questions are:
Did the Kernel name change because of TiBu restore? What other effect would this have, other than the visible change in the icons in notification area? Can this be undone? (changing of icons, kernel name etc)

TIA

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones