• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Kernel for UltimateDroid 3.0.1?

Thanks, I'll give it a try.

If I run a 1.2 kernel and use SetCPU to limit it to 1.0 is it the same as running a 1.0 kernel? Makes sense, ya just never know... figured I'd ask!

Also, what's the rule of thumb with Kernels. If I run a 1.2 and as long as tempature stays low and OS is stable, am I good to go? Any other concerns?

Thanks again!

Upvote 0
Thanks, I'll give it a try.

If I run a 1.2 kernel and use SetCPU to limit it to 1.0 is it the same as running a 1.0 kernel? Makes sense, ya just never know... figured I'd ask!

Also, what's the rule of thumb with Kernels. If I run a 1.2 and as long as tempature stays low and OS is stable, am I good to go? Any other concerns?

Thanks again!

the only real difference is that each kernel has 7 preset "slots" that it is capable of throttling to. on a 1.0 the presets would be 250,400,500,600,700,900,1000. on a 1.2 they would be 250,500,700,900,1000,1100,1200.

i don't even worry about temperature any more, just use the setCPU profiles to throttle back to 800 mhz at 55 degrees C and you will be fine. as long as it is stable, and it gives you decent battery life, keep it!

Reactions: nazz
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones