• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Kernel] Imoseyon LeanKernel 3.7.0

What is any kernel? How does it differ from any kernel? err.. any other kernel.

Basically, if the kernel isn't built along side a specific ROM, you lose some of the ramdisk settings/tweaks since the kernel isn't designed with that ROM in mind.

Any Kernel is a script that re-writes part of the kernel to what the ROM already has in place so you keep the tweaks in tact.

Reactions: bjanow
Upvote 0
^^ Great write up. Please post your IC voltages for the major slots.

For Imo and Dream:

245 750
368 750
768 875
1024 1025
1222 1100
1408 1175

for jdeclipse:

245760 750
368640 750
768000 875
896400 875
1024000 1025
1113600 1050
1222400 1100
1305600 1125
1408000 1175

I found these in the following way. First, I set the max speed to a test clock speed in CM settings. Then I lower the voltage for that slot by 25 mV. Then I run three or four quadrants in rapid succession, then 5 linpacks in rapid succession. If no freeze I lower the voltage. Note: I have never actually had a freeze in quadrant or linpack. I almost always get a freeze immediately when I apply the voltage. One thing I do is that after a successful test I have the settings load on boot so I can keep going easily. I do this for ever increasing clock speeds. I do not change the minimum frequency because I want to make sure the transitions work ok.

What I have found is that I have to bump up the higher clock speeds by 50 mV to have long term stability. So I add 50 mV to everything 1GHz and up.

And I said before, really, I think you get most of the gain from the bottom and top slots since they are where the phone spends its time. But now that I am done, I just keep a text file in my dropbox with these voltages and I can set them up very quickly.

And also, I would not use my voltages to start. A lot of phones cannot do 750 at 368 from what I have seen posted. But you could add maybe 50 or 75 to them so you spend less time tweaking.

Despite all I said, do not expect massive battery life gains...don't forget that this only affects how the CPU uses power, not the radios, not the backlight, etc. I am not even sure it effects the GPU. But if you like to tweak, and you most likely wouldn't be here if you did not, then why not?

Reactions: bjanow
Upvote 0
Thanks for the work, definitely appreciate it.

I think ill wait for wifi working though. I spend about half the day on it so something I need working.

Okay wifi works but I can't get speedtweak.sh to work. It looks like it got broken on DTs 3.6.0 anykernel version as well so I'm wondering if it is part of the boot.img which I don't think it should be

Upvote 0
Here is what I have so far with 3.5.8 and anykernel

http://db.tt/2uGrA2a

I think the only thing not working is the speedtweak script and will try to fix that tonight if I can

I don't use speedtweak anyway.

I am trying Dream Kernel 2.9.0 right now. 48% after 7 h and 38 m. On 4G for maybe 3 hours. I never turn off anything but wifi via the Y5 app, so all normal sane people should do better.

What is the deal lately? Seems like things are moving backwards with battery life.

I think I did better on the latest jdeclipse and I know I did better on Imo 3.5.8.

Edit: If Imo or someone else added call recording to 3.5.8 I would just flash it and stop screwing around with kernels for a while.

Upvote 0
I don't use speedtweak anyway.

I am trying Dream Kernel 2.9.0 right now. 48% after 7 h and 38 m. On 4G for maybe 3 hours. I never turn off anything but wifi via the Y5 app, so all normal sane people should do better.

What is the deal lately? Seems like things are moving backwards with battery life.

I think I did better on the latest jdeclipse and I know I did better on Imo 3.5.8.

Edit: If Imo or someone else added call recording to 3.5.8 I would just flash it and stop screwing around with kernels for a while.

After I get speedtweak working ill see what it takes to add call recording.

Upvote 0
For Imo and Dream:

245 750
368 750
768 875
1024 1025
1222 1100
1408 1175

I'm now on 3.5.8 (which wow, you guys weren't kidding it's damn good) and the defaults for mine are set at:

245 750
368 800
768 900
1024 1000

It seems really stable so far and my time-in-state for each is very even, with 245 with a bit more than double time spent than any of the other slots (running OndemandX).

Upvote 0

I think that's part of the problem. We mess around with this thing so much we don't give it a chance to settle in. Between roms, themes, kernels and voltages our phones might have an identity problem. :cool:
I am now running Liquid 3.0 with the new dream kernel and voltages from ahoogst. If I can hold out I'll determine by Friday if this is working well. (who am I kidding?)

Upvote 0
I think that's part of the problem. We mess around with this thing so much we don't give it a chance to settle in. Between roms, themes, kernels and voltages our phones might have an identity problem. :cool:
I am now running Liquid 3.0 with the new dream kernel and voltages from ahoogst. If I can hold out I'll determine by Friday if this is working well. (who am I kidding?)

Absolutely true. I think I am way over 100 total flashes, and I have only been rooted since early July.

Upvote 0

I don't flash too much, I only flashed 14 times this morning, no I am not kidding.

Liquid 3.0? I think I missed something or is that sense?

Upvote 0
You have to donate to liquid to get the nightlies. Pushing the GPL to the limit.

I remember another developer did that a caught a shit storm from the community. I don't agree with it, but we all have opinions :)

Thanks I'm going to give this a try now. Haven't done a full wipe in a while and DT's "tweaks" wreaked havoc on my phone so I was planning on wiping and reflashing CM anyways

edit: new boot animation is pretty cool. Better than when I previously ran liquid

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones