• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help keyboard problems

DWFII

Jul 6, 2016
ᴡᴡᴡ.dwfii.sexy17.ru
Here's the newbie again...

Samsung Galaxy SII 4G, Android 4.1.2

I'm not in a panic, but somehow I lost my Samsung Keyboard. At one point I lost the ".com" key...which I really liked. Trying to find out how to retrieve it, I inadvertently activated a key that took me to a handwriting recognition window. I didn't like that, even though I was able to switch back and forth...at least initially.

Somehow, I then lost the keyboard itself...all I could get was the handwriting window...and couldn't figure out how to retrieve or return to the keyboard. I tried to reset the keyboard to default but no joy.

So I downloaded and installed Fleksy. At least I've got a workable keyboard...although despite the bells and whistles I'm not entirely comfortable with it (no ".com" key).

And for some reason I have Swype as an optional keyboard in Application Manager. Isn't that another keyboard? It was activated at the same time as my Samsung keyboard...although I don't think I did that unless by accident.

I wish there were some written instructions...

Any suggestions for getting back to the default Samsung keyboard?

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones