1. Check out our app, Forums for Android! Download and leave feedback here!

General Kies Problem. Anyone?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by MIKES3, Jan 17, 2013.

1. MIKES3

MIKES3 Active Member

Jun 27, 2011
    Male
    Sales
    Chicago Suburbs
    I figured out Kies and it syncs with my tablet on my PC, but when I go to download and click the firmware upgrade it goes to another screen and starts the downloading firmware components. Once it gets to 100% is completely closes out. After that it does nothing at all

What am I missing here?

Advertisement

2. MIKES3

MIKES3 Active Member

Jun 27, 2011
    Male
    Sales
    Chicago Suburbs
    I just cant beleive it. I get over one hurdle and them BAM!! Get stuck at another one. Very frustrating seeing others breeze right threw this w/o problems

3. raytan

raytan Member

Nov 12, 2012
    After mine got to 100%, it started the next step around 5 mins later. I thought it had crashed. I would just let it run and see what happens. Kies is terrible.

4. MIKES3

MIKES3 Active Member

Jun 27, 2011
    Male
    Sales
    Chicago Suburbs
    When I get to 100% it will sit for about 10 seconds and completely kick me out to my home screen on my PC

5. da man

da man Well-Known Member

May 11, 2010
    social worker
    I couldn't get Kies to work either, luckily this morning when I woke up it was finally my tablet's turn to get the upgrade. Huge file though, still downloading.

6. Harpman

Harpman New Member

Jan 23, 2013
    I had same problem but found a solution. Run kies as administer (right click on program icon and click "run as administer"). Worked for me...

7. WonderFull

WonderFull Active Member

Apr 4, 2012
    Male
    Bahrain
    I had the same problem. Tried 5-6 times always Kies was not responding. But just now after 10-12 minutes it started downloading the upgrade and completed 41%. What my observation is that it needs good internet connection and let it take its own time.