• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root KitKat Remix Roms! CM 11, SlimKat, Omni, PAC, AOKP, & Carbon!

I'm not a hundred percent sure but I think the way you get root working is to turn on developer settings. I used to use that ROM and I got root working (without SuperSU) but I don't remember exactly how. Try looking some more through settings if you can't find how in developer settings. Also the built in system app remover needs root so once you properly enable root in settings it will work great. If you can't figure it out yourself (getting root working without SuperSU), I can flash the ROM myself to figure out for you. Good luck
Yep by tapping build number under about phone multiple times a toast notification will alert you

Upvote 0
Wow I miss being here. I may have a Galaxy J7 but I bought a Volt on Ebay bc of the memories. So now I am back. And oh boy.... the form of the forums changed. I almost can't find anything properly. Lol.
I thought they just merged the root section with the normal section, although they are planning a major redesign sometime this week. Welcome back.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones