• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Kongregate Arcade app hits the Android Market

To all those people saying they can't find it:

Kongregate Arcade removed from Android Market

Launched earlier today, the Kongregate Arcade app for Android-based phones has been removed from the Android Market for reasons unknown. Joystiq received word from a GameStop and Kongregate representative that it had been pulled, along with the following statement:
As reported earlier today, the Kongregate Arcade app was launched on the Android Market and was enthusiastically received by the gaming community, receiving 4.5 out of 5 stars. Tens of thousands of users successfully downloaded the new app but, due to unknown reasons, Google has pulled it from the Market. Gamers wishing to experience Kongregate Arcade will be happy to learn it is now available for download at Kongregate Arcade for Android.
Additionally, Kongregate has updated its Twitter feed with word that it is "working with Google to restore access in the Market." We've contacted Google for comment and will update as soon as we hear back.

Credit: Kongregate Arcade removed from Android Market | Joystiq

Upvote 0
♠Ace;2159640 said:
To all those people saying they can't find it:

Kongregate Arcade removed from Android Market

Launched earlier today, the Kongregate Arcade app for Android-based phones has been removed from the Android Market for reasons unknown. Joystiq received word from a GameStop and Kongregate representative that it had been pulled, along with the following statement:

Additionally, Kongregate has updated its Twitter feed with word that it is "working with Google to restore access in the Market." We've contacted Google for comment and will update as soon as we hear back.

Credit: Kongregate Arcade removed from Android Market | Joystiq

Thanks for info. Hopefully they'll get it back up on the Marketplace. Awesome app though.

Upvote 0
i tried it out last night...
not bad ... just a lot of simple games....to kill time.

I thought this was "flash" games via the net. Why does it require that I download something for most of the games??
Why does it not tell me how much it needs to download for that particular game?
how do I delete the game that I dont want anymore???

sort of defeats the benefit of flash games if I have to put something on my phone to play it. I could just download game from the regular market.

what am I missing??

Upvote 0

I thought this was "flash" games via the net. Why does it require that I download something for most of the games??

sort of defeats the benefit of flash games if I have to put something on my phone to play it. I could just download game from the regular market.

what am I missing??

A flash application is a stand alone product, which needs to be downloaded to run and function on the users machine. Flash wasn't designed for mobile devices, so it isn't as useful compared to a pc.

Traditionally flash applications are stored in internet cache, so i don't think it is saved anywhere, but you do have to download it each time you run the game.

I believe the main benefit of flash is ease of development, otherwise the technology would likely be on its way out now.

Upvote 0

what am I missing??

If you hold down on the game a menu should pop up and one of the options will be uninstall game. It saves room and it takes like two seconds to download and uninstall a game.

Upvote 0

what am I missing??

You have to download the game one way or another, so I much prefer the ability to download directly to my SD card for later playing. It's really not a big deal. Games download literally in seconds over wifi or 4G.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones