• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Landscape Keyboard for "Contacts"

I didn't think so. I don't have extremely large hands, but that portrait keyboard is ridiculously small. Given that the width of the keyboard is restricted by the width of the screen (and the keyboard goes right to the edges of the screen), you would think that the landscape keyboard would be an option for something so critical (to a phone, anyway) as adding and editing Contacts.
Which goes back to my gripe about 'smartphones' in general - all of the companies making them compete against each other in adding bells and whistles without first ensuring that all of the basic functions of the product (a phone) are addressed. It's like coming out with a 'smartcar' that can fly and go underwater, but it can't make left turns and the brakes don't always stop the car.
But I digress...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones