• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Language support for MP3 tags

After last android updates, Music can't show right some mp3 id tags.
Some mp3 files show Turkish letters like Chinese and some don't.
Is it a problem with android version or Music app?
Before updates everything was fine. What's the solution for that?
original_zpstgoppi0b.jpg

You have a Chinese phone and using the stock music player? This is something I've seen before with some Oppo and Vivo phones, with showing Chinese instead of the correct Turkish or Greek or German etc. in MP3s. And it's a problem with the music apps they come with.

What phone have you actually got, make, model and Android version? Try a different music player instead, like Rocket.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
You have a Chinese phone and using the stock music player? This is something I've seen before with some Oppo and Vivo phones, with showing Chinese instead of the correct Turkish or Greek or German etc. in MP3s. And it's a problem with the music apps they come with.

What phone have you actually got, make, model and Android version? Try a different music player instead, like Rocket.

I'm using Xperia Z Europe edition. Not a Chinese phone. And app is the Sony Music, old Walkman app. I'm using Poweramp. It shows correct letters. But i wanna use Sony's original program. For example, in the same album, some files album and song names are right but some not. And they are seen like two separate album. Aaaand that's the result.

Upvote 0
OK it's a Japanese phone and not a Chinese one ;)
...but it looks like the same problem that I've seen. And there's a definite bug in the music player, with the way it handles certain European language characters in MP3 tags, with incorrectly showing CJK(Chinese, Japanese, Korean) characters instead. As it is a bug in the phone's firmware, probably only people who can fix it are Sony with another update. Might be worth filing a bug report with them.

For reference here's an Oppo Forums bug report thread, with the exact same problem in an Oppo Find 5. Which is a Chinese phone.

http://community.oppo.com/en/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=1378&extra=
"Chinese characters instead of Turkish characters"

forum.jpg

I would suspect there's a certain open source module or library that's common to both Sony and Oppo that has the actual problem. And I have seen this issue with some Vivo phones as well. Turkish music isn't so popular in China or Japan, could be the devs. never noticed it.

Oppo did actually fix it with the Find 5, but then it subsequently came back with the newer Find 7, and had to be fixed again.... LOL

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Yes, the problem is same. Old android version support the characters but this not. But i didn't understand some mp3 files shows Turkish characters right, but some mp3 files not. I tried to convert the files but didn't work. I don't know why. Really this is so stupid... I wrote to Sony support forum but nobody answer me. Thanks by the by way. I hope Sony fix this.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones