• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help large attachment emailing issues

Spakole

Lurker
May 24, 2011
When emailing large attachments, my EVO 4g will continually resend the email. It seems that the larger the attachement, the longer it takes the phone to process the email in the outbox, althought it may have already sent.

I tried forwarding an email that was approx 12MB - what happened was it was stuck in my outbox, yet the people I sent it to received it over 50 times, causing our servers to lock up.

We thought this was a glitch in my phone, but we tried this on several others and it happened on all. On smaller attachments it will just send 3-5 times, depending on size.

Our service is Sprint and they have no clue how to resolve this - we just get the 'were looking into it' answer.

Any clues? Any help?

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones