• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Latest Android Update (aggghhhhhh)

Welshie

Lurker
Feb 20, 2014
I'm using a Moto X running Kit Kat 4.4.4 on Verizon. Last week the phone did a system upgrade and afterwards a couple of features are having problems. Can somebody help me? The issues are:

- I have a bluetooth FM transmitter for in my car. The phone bluetooth connects to this device in my car and the audio media (phone calls or music) comes out of the speakers (Google "Flexsmart x2"). After the upgrade the audio from phone calls works, however, the audio from music (Pandora, Youtube etc) comes out of the phone speakers when it should be being FM transmitted through the Flexsmart. Obviously the Flexsmart works as phone call audio works fine. I have already gone into the Bluetooth settings for the Flexsmart and ensured media audio is selected. I have also completely unpaired the device and repaired. Still the same

- I continually get a message saying "Message not sent" with a submessage saying "touch to review the message and try again". When I tap this message it goes to my SMS app (the standard pre-installed program) but I have no idea from there which message was not sent

Any help....really appreciate it. I'm really mad at this latest update, phone was working fine until this point.

Another possible solution for the texting issue is to temporarily switch to another sms default app and look there. So, if you're default is messaging, settings / more... / default SMS app and choose Hangouts. Check there to see if you can see a problem. After you've figured it out, you can switch back to Messaging (or vice versa if Hangouts is already your default messaging app.)

Upvote 0
Thanks guys,

I tried clearing the cache/data/Force Stop etc and no change. So I switched to Google Hangouts for SMS and, guess what, I like that app more than the default app. Also, I don't get the error message on Hangouts so more reason for me to stay with it.

Anyone have any ideas on the Bluetooth/FM Transmitter issue?

Reactions: BRAINZ2013
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones