1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Launcher Force Closes on Phone Call

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Gdwheel, Dec 23, 2011.

1. Gdwheel

Gdwheel Newbie

About every fifth or sixth call, my phone rings, then shows a launcher error and asks to force close. When I hit the okay button, the call is lost and the launcher force closes and resets. Anyone else have this problem?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. pool_shark

pool_shark Android Expert

It doesn't happen to me but I'm using go launcher.

3. Mahalo

Mahalo Android Enthusiast

Are you using a completely stock phone? (By this I mean not rooted or customized beyond what VZW sold you.) Some apps, as you will read, have access to your phone call status. It is likely that a 3rd party messaging or music (or other) application is causing this.

If you are using a purely stock phone with no apps that are allowed access to your call status I would go to a VZW store and show them your call logs and explain this.

If not, I would revert to stock and install one app at a time (which has phone status access) until you can recreate it and discover the culprit.

If you have rooted and set up a new ROM, I'd flash a different one or go back to stock and see what happens. I would also check the forum/thread of the developer who fashioned it as I doubt that you are alone in this situation.

I've not seen this behavior on my phone, but I only make/receive a few calls a day. They have lasted over a couple of hours at a time...but never a problem.

Oh, also, does it happen with the same caller or seemingly random?

4. Gdwheel

Gdwheel Newbie

Thanks for the response. It is completely stock. I have not rooted. I will have to look at the apps I have installed, but I do not recall any that are different than my other phones other than Lightflow. I will look into disabling certain apps to see if that helps.

Galaxy Nexus Forum

The Galaxy Nexus release date was November 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.65" inch screen, 5MP camera, 1GB RAM, TI OMAP 4460 processor, and 1750mAh battery.

November 2011
Release Date
Reviews