• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

launcher pro dock help!!

amg1322

Jun 18, 2010
so i have tested out using launcher pro and adw and have kind of gotten the hang of them. i have figured out how to change the icons on the dock. but im still stuck on how to get more icons on the dock. for example right now im using launcher pro and have the dock set up with 5 icons, how can i get more then 5 icons on the dock? or is that only possible with adw? if it is how do i do it?

thanks for the quick reply i had already noticed this setting but i was wondering if there was a way to have a more permanently on the screen like this maybe..

http://i50.tinypic.com/n6dd2a.png

well, that's ADW launcher
LauncherPro is scrollable, whereas ADW allows you to use a gesture to hide/show a second set of dock icons

Upvote 0
ah yea thats what i was thinking, would you by any chance know how to do that and be willing to fill me in?

menu > adw settings > system preferences > swipe down actions > select "open/close dockbar" (you can do swipe up if you want, i just found it more appropriate for swipe down)

when you swipe down, you can then drag icons onto the dockbar

Reactions: amg1322
Upvote 0
so one more question, is there any way to see your missed text or call notifications on your dock in adw? because i know that was an option with launcher pro..

Doubtful.

Hi there, have launcher pro installed and really like it as it gets rid of that fugly htc dock but was wondering if theres a way to still use some of HTC's widgets while using launcher pro. When i try to add widgets it doesnt show any of HTC's widgets. Thanks in advance

Nope. What widget did you specifically like?

Upvote 0
Hi there, have launcher pro installed and really like it as it gets rid of that fugly htc dock but was wondering if theres a way to still use some of HTC's widgets while using launcher pro. When i try to add widgets it doesnt show any of HTC's widgets. Thanks in advance

Essentially, no. The HTC widgets only seem to work in Sense. There are some similar apps (weather, etc) that "look" like the HTC widgets in the market.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones