• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Launcher Pro Plus...

Right, found icons or the dock (by UltraLix) tha will look nice. They're saved in .psd format to give transparency. I use ES File Explorer to transfer them to the phone and put them with all background images I have transferred before. BUT, when i longklick the icons an chose to change icons and go for image gallery, they do not show up!! They do not show up in the gallery at all!!!

Why not?!?! What do I do now??

Edit: Riiigth, so, I installed an op update and the phone restarted itself and now the .png files show. Added more, restarted the phone and prsto, there they are... Wierd...

I also had the issue of shrinking buttons on the dock, but I created a dock background with the buttons I wanted and put a transparent button on top of it...

Upvote 0
By the way, I would recommend that ANYONE who runs Launcher Pro, switch back to your old desktop and clear off all of the widgets. If you don't, they will always be running in the background, consuming memory, data and CPU cycles.

CLEAR OFF YOUR OLD DESKTOP IF YOU ARE RUNNING LAUNCHER PRO.

Can't figure out how to switch back? Download Home Switcher! It's easy and free:

Home Switcher - Android app on AppBrain
Oh wow, I had nooooo idea. Fantastic tip, I just did so and I could tell my EVO is running more snappily. :) Thank you!

Upvote 0
Best thing that ever happened to my phone...7 home screens and other cool stuff comes with the free version (but I paid even before I needed the widgets b/c the developer deserves it). The paid part includes the BEST facebook widget to date, a great bookmarks widget, contact widget and some other widgets I haven't used yet (calendar and twitter). ABSOLUTELY WORTH IT!
I paid for it, too, to support the developer, but 7 home screens? I only have three, how do you get them all?

Upvote 0
I actually paid for it.. only one of two apps ive done that for. But how do you resize the widgets?

Tap and hold it, like you were going to move it, then release. The widget should now have a yellow-ish box around it. Tap and hold on the triangle with lines on it in the lower-right corner of the widget, and drag to the size/shape you want! Then hit Back to save it (there may be a better way to save it, but that works).

Upvote 0
Hmm.. I tried to use it on mixzing and it wouldnt work.. I could move the box but the widget stayed the same size

Alright, I just downloaded the app and tried it myself - if you mean the Small Art version of its widget - you're right, it doesn't resize o_O. Very odd indeed.. Although the other two version of the widget can be resized (whether it looks decent or not is another matter). The only thing I can think of is contacting the dev of LP and seeing if it's something that can be fixed. I imagine it has to do with the way the Mixzing dev wrote that widget.

Upvote 0
More praise for LPP and specifically its calendar widget. I have the Fascinate and my word is that a horrible calendar app they give you. Very pleased with LPP. I got the free version of course and after 2 days I bumped up. Im even tempted to donate further. It is a top 5 app for android for sure

Upvote 0
The count on missed calls and text messages work, but not the one for mail. I have two mail accounts that I fetch mails from, and it worked on Sense. Am I usig the wrong app fr looking at mails or?

Frustratingly, I found that those counts will not reset unless you actually click on the dock icon. I would read text messages from the notification bar and still have them included in the count on my messaging icon.

Upvote 0
Frustratingly, I found that those counts will not reset unless you actually click on the dock icon. I would read text messages from the notification bar and still have them included in the count on my messaging icon.

Yeah I'm noticing this too. Like you say it only occurs when I'm in sleep mode and get a text and get the preview and then X out of the preview. But yeah its consistent

Upvote 0
I bought it just to support the developer, I hope he keeps the free version free. I don't really use any of the widgets, but I did use the resize feature although I wish it was better implemented so that I can resize instead of having to remove everything on a home screen to resize a 4x4 widget.

It's worth it just to support the dev, or it's worth it if you use one of his awesome widgets, the facebook and calendar widgets look like I might eventually use them.

Upvote 0

So you GET the count on the mail icon? I don't even GET the count on that. I get mails but the count never show up on the mail icon...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones