• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

LauncherPro Plus?

High.

The DX has 512MB of RAM, you'll be fine choosing high.

IIRC, no one Android app can use more than 24MB of RAM anyways, so that's a pretty paltry amount when you consider how integral the launcher is.

i also checked "Build caches as needed", unchecked "Clear caches on exit" and checked "Prevent force-closes"

how is your memory usage settings set up?

Upvote 0
i also checked "Build caches as needed", unchecked "Clear caches on exit" and checked "Prevent force-closes"

how is your memory usage settings set up?

I just had it on the default 'High' preset. I'm going to try checking "Build caches as needed". I think that may be why my first swipe was always laggy.

BTW, there's a new version out, w/ bookmark widget. It's pretty cool:

bookmarkwidget.png

I also released an update to the themed version I posted in the Tips subforum.

Upvote 0
So whats the main difference between LP and LPP?

From what I gather, as of the moment only the "People Widget". However, I believe the developer will be focusing a majority of its efforts of updating the Plus version on a regular basis, including the introduction of new widgets and other features that will be exclusive to the Plus version.

Think Xbox Live Silver and Gold Membership :p

Upvote 0
From what I gather, as of the moment only the "People Widget". However, I believe the developer will be focusing a majority of its efforts of updating the Plus version on a regular basis, including the introduction of new widgets and other features that will be exclusive to the Plus version.

Think Xbox Live Silver and Gold Membership :p

There's a Sense UI inspired bookmark widget now, as well.

I have to ask, but how decent is the stock UI? I literally swiped through a few screens when I booted the X up for the first time, and immediately installed ADW launcher, than eventually moved to LPP. I'm just curious what comparison there is between LP/P and the Stock UI

I used it for a day, and while it was decent and resizable widgets were pretty awesome, it was kind of clumsy. I especially hated how when you scrolled, those page indicators stayed there for a few seconds. Made getting to the app drawer a PITA.

Then again, I haven't tried it since the update. I'm not sure if the update addressed any of the performance issues, but I'm almost certain those indicators are still as obstructive :(

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones