• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help LED notifications on Handcent Evo 4g?

i'm having the same issue. I'm using handcent app for text messaging and i used to be able to have text message notification blink amber with a specific blink rate and e-mail blink green. now since i upgraded to gingerbread i only get one color (green). that WAS a very nice feature...not sure why it would be taken out with the upgrade. Lame

The gingerbread upgrade screwed up a lot of things. Lame programming!

Upvote 0
I use my WiMAX LED for my text messages, I have it alternating red and green. It still blinks when a text comes in and it's on the charger because it doesn't use the same LED as the normal one. You may want to check it out.

**I should mention that while i am rooted, you dont need to be to use this and it works with the stock messenger app**

Found on "Good and EVO"-
How to use WiMAX LED on HTC EVO for SMS/MMS notifications

Found on XDA-
WiMAX Notifier

I think it's a great idea and I downloaded and installed and followed the installation instruction etc like turning off handcent or HTC notifications, but it didn't work. When I killed the normal app, I also lost my notification sound as well which I would expect.

Upvote 0
i'm having the same issue. I'm using handcent app for text messaging and i used to be able to have text message notification blink amber with a specific blink rate and e-mail blink green. now since i upgraded to gingerbread i only get one color (green). that WAS a very nice feature...not sure why it would be taken out with the upgrade. Lame

Yup. I'm pissed off as well. My other EVO's charger port broke last night and they gave me a new one (it's slimmer) and it came pre-loaded w/ Gingerbread. UGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Upvote 0
For all of you handcent users, what makes it better than the stock, I tried it on my moment and for a little while on the EVO but besides the bubbles I really couldn't see what the difference is. TIA
It's much better than stock. You can personalize it completley with background images, bubble color, font colors, you can change the noitification icon, set a lock for your messages, and much more. Also you can get add-ons for it, like Emoji and such. Just better if you like to have things personalized to your liking.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones