1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Leon One Click Root - WORKS ON 10d & 10e! MS345 & H345 - NO KINGROOT

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by CamoHiddenDJ, Aug 26, 2015.

1. Krlypumaa

Krlypumaa Android Expert

I just notice you are on 5.0.1 you should be on 5.1.1 and what's your carrier?

2. marianlogh

marianlogh Lurker

Orange Romania

3. marianlogh

marianlogh Lurker

i try all methods on the internet to root this phone ..and all failed..

4. Krlypumaa

Krlypumaa Android Expert

5. Krlypumaa

Krlypumaa Android Expert

Now wife happy... Clean, debloated, tweaked and the most important "TETHERING" :p
    Me happy :-D

6. mailo1344

mailo1344 Lurker

Gracias lo he logradro
    1 istalan drivers
    2 conectan en mtp encendido
    3 ejecutan root
    4 cuando este en modo descarga
    Retiran bateria conectado claro y listo root

Krlypumaa likes this.
  7. LG Fanatic

LG Fanatic Android Enthusiast

Try inputting the commands manually(it's what worked for me). You can use the commands in this thread:http://forum.xda-developers.com/lg-g3/general/guide-root-method-lg-devices-t3129197. You'll need to open a command prompt window. To do that, hold down shift and right click on the "LG_Leon_OCR_v2" folder and select the open command prompt option.

Krlypumaa likes this.
  8. ivoriesablaze

ivoriesablaze Lurker

Holy crap! I've been avoiding trying to root again because of the soft brick issue after updating to 5.1.1. I almost yelled with excitement when this worked! The metropcs bloatware was killing me and my storage space (and, when lookout was enabled, my battery). Thank you so much for the update!

Krlypumaa likes this.
  9. TEXASMADE1978

TEXASMADE1978 Lurker

Great work @CammoHiddenDJ :thumbsupdroid:

Krlypumaa likes this.
  10. ModifHigher

ModifHigher Well-Known Member

Theres a 10F KDZ firmware available for H345(tmobile us),and its still rootable with this method.i took the risk & updated.i can vouch it works.

Attached Files:

11. LG Fanatic

Nice! Thanks for the confirmation. Notice anything different with the new firmware?

#61 LG Fanatic, Sep 28, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 28, 2015
    ModifHigher likes this.
  12. hemidrosis

hemidrosis Newbie

10F firmware also available for MS345 (MetroPCS)
    I can confirm that it is rootable with this one click root.

As for differences.. Most likely stability & bug fixes. No UI changes or anything added.

LG Fanatic and ModifHigher like this.
  13. tube517

tube517 Android Expert

I tried 2 different computers (one was Win 10 and the other Win 7)...I get the error code 10 every time...it cannot connect to the phone....I googled every single fix and none worked.

14. LG Fanatic

Make sure usb debugging and OEM unlock are enabled in the developer options. When running the script do you see a pop up on your phone that says "Allow USB debugging?". Select the "Always allow from this computer" option and hit okay.

tube517 and Krlypumaa like this.
  15. tube517

tube517 Android Expert

I did all of that. No dice. I tried 2 different computers thinking it was windows 10. So, I used a Windows 7 laptop (which was just factory reset last week) and still got that error code 10. I tried every troubleshooting method in this thread and in other forums.

I tried different USB cords. Turned the laptop and phone off and back on. Battery pull. Everything you can think of and nada.

16. Noobified

Noobified Android Enthusiast

Use the LG G stylo 5.1.1 method.
    http://androidforums.com/index.php?threads/937446/

Krlypumaa likes this.
  17. tube517

tube517 Android Expert

18. Noobified

Noobified Android Enthusiast

Yes works on 10f for stylo and leon as well and zv5 for those with lg tribute 2/ boost leon

Krlypumaa likes this.
  19. tube517

tube517 Android Expert

Thanks. This did not work either. I got to this step:

Step 11 type the following ls tmp which will result in:
    #ls tmp

And nothing after that. The "FAIL" never appeared after an hour.

I'm just going to leave it unrooted. I probably won't have metropcs for long anyways. Still a solid little phone

20. Krlypumaa

Krlypumaa Android Expert

Its gonna say Fail then you run it again ls (l=L)

21. tube517

tube517 Android Expert

It never said Fail. I was waiting for the FAIL to appear. One hour passed and nothing.

22. Tres Leches

Tres Leches Lurker

@CamoHiddenDJ , thank you for taking the time to modify the script that digital-bug from XDA provided in order for the root process to work for the LG Leon 10e firmware. This was my first time rooting a phone and using the method of running root.bat, it worked flawlessly.

What I did:
    I initially connected the phone to the computer in order to make sure all the device drivers were installed. However, upon noticing the link in the OP, I disconnected the phone and uninstalled those drivers. Using the link provided in the OP, I downloaded the LG Drivers and installed them that way. With OEM Unlock and USB Debugging already enabled, I connected the phone to the computer again. During the installation, I noticed 5 different drivers being installed.

Then, through the Android SDK Tools which I had previously downloaded, I used the windows 7 shortcut to open a command window to make sure the device was detected (using the command: adb devices). Sure enough, it was.

I then downloaded the LG_Leon_OCR_v2.zip and extracted the files to the desktop. I used the windows 7 shortcut to open a command window in the extracted LG_Leon_OCR_v2.zip folder and executed the root.bat. At this point I did nothing until the process was finished and I had to remove the battery to exit from the Download Mode. SuperSU was installed on the phone and I downloaded Root Checker through Google Play to verify the phone was rooted.

I am using a Metro PCS LG Leon LTE 10e phone.

Again, thank you very much @CamoHiddenDJ.

#72 Tres Leches, Oct 8, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 8, 2015
  23. Tres Leches

Tres Leches Lurker

Can a person root an LG Leon phone using this method without having to install SuperSU, or is the installation of SuperSU part of the root.bat script and it may cause an issue during the root process?

I am asking because I just found out that TWRP has a 'system read only option' to hopefully allow users to create a raw system image backup to restore the phone to a state where OTA updates could be received again. If my thinking is correct, then I could install TWRP after the root process, create a raw system image backup before the system partition is mounted read/write, and then install SuperSU.

24. bcrichster

bcrichster ROMinator

Can't copy system without Root access 1st, no matter what.

25. Omcon

Omcon Lurker

After this method, I was able to root my MetroPCS Leon with the 10e firmware. Now I'm having problems with SuperuserSU. It's not able to update the binaries... :/

LG Leon Forum

The LG Leon release date was April 2015. Features and Specs include a 4.5" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Snapdragon 410 processor, and 1900mAh battery.

April 2015
Release Date
Reviews