• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Lets see your UI layout!

Installing the SDK was a lot easier then I thought it was gonna be, It was a lot harder to batch upload the pics, which Tinypic didn't let me do...anyways here is my fairly simplistic Eris

350lcw2.jpg
ws4m6q.jpg
rt3n0g.jpg
mr8xti.jpg
2ll1qoy.jpg
125t7ki.jpg
2nspfn4.jpg

Upvote 0
Hey i Like your lock screen what are you using.. .. Plus what clock is that its awsome i want that ..

how did you change your lock screen? I like that[/QUOTE]

For the lock screen I'm using Lock 2.0 app with the Minimal-Clear-2 skin and the Blue battery skin.

The clock on the home screen is Beautiful Widgets with the clear skin.

Upvote 0
For the lock screen I'm using Lock 2.0 app with the Minimal-Clear-2 skin and the Blue battery skin.

Using a lock screen, do you get a pop up when text messages are received? I tried a lock screen and my phone screen wouldn't light up when a message was received.

Upvote 0
Nice barn!

How did you get the contact card as the default for your people widget?

Also, if you like iMusic you may want to take a look at Music Junk. I've found that it has a better search engine and it doesn't run in the background all the time.

I'm just getting into the swing of putting music on my Eris. With Music Junk, is it easy to create folders? Do I need to mount the phone to my pc, or can I do it straight though the phone? I'm assuming everything is downloaded to the sd card?

Thanks!

Upvote 0
I'm just getting into the swing of putting music on my Eris. With Music Junk, is it easy to create folders? Do I need to mount the phone to my pc, or can I do it straight though the phone? I'm assuming everything is downloaded to the sd card?

Thanks!

Yep, always to the SD card. I use OI file manager to create folders when I want to. I don't really do it all that often though. Most of the time I will just let the file go where it wants to and move it later. I use music junk to download the music and Album Art Grabbber to get the covers. I have abotu 4 gigs worth of music on my phone right now. I actually need to trim it down a little or just go ahead and get a bigger card.

Upvote 0
Yep, always to the SD card. I use OI file manager to create folders when I want to. I don't really do it all that often though. Most of the time I will just let the file go where it wants to and move it later. I use music junk to download the music and Album Art Grabbber to get the covers. I have abotu 4 gigs worth of music on my phone right now. I actually need to trim it down a little or just go ahead and get a bigger card.

Fortunately, when I traded in my Droid for the Eris, they let me keep the 16 gig card.

I have Linda File Manager. I'm assuming I can create folders with that? I guess I need to organize my downloaded music into album folders. I can see I'm going to have to plug my phone in soon. Downloading music takes a toll on the power supply!

I'm learning so much I can do with this phone.

Upvote 0
how did you change your lock screen? I like that

The clock on the home screen is Beautiful Widgets with the clear skin.[/quote]

Is there a way to get rid of the icons up top on Lock 2.0? They're not even accurate so it looks stupid. My battery is at 50% yet up top it shows nearly full. It also shows WiFi when it isn't activated and that other symbol. It's the only thing that's making me want to uninstall.

Upvote 0

Is there a way to get rid of the icons up top on Lock 2.0? They're not even accurate so it looks stupid. My battery is at 50% yet up top it shows nearly full. It also shows WiFi when it isn't activated and that other symbol. It's the only thing that's making me want to uninstall.

When you have the phone mounted to the PC, it is charging. Therefore, the battery icon moves to show charge in progress.

Upvote 0

Seeing as how this question keeps coming up I might as well answer it.

When you create your list of starred contacts in the widget, it first comes up as the little Rolodex card. When you select it, it brings you to the persons contact information and asks you to select the default action for that person ie: Call, Text, Email etc.

Hope this helps everyone

Upvote 0

Seeing as how this question keeps coming up I might as well answer it.

When you create your list of starred contacts in the widget, it first comes up as the little Rolodex card. When you select it, it brings you to the persons contact information and asks you to select the default action for that person ie: Call, Text, Email etc.

Hope this helps everyone

That I understand and I have most of mine set up for their phones or email. If you look at the contacts I have in the widget it has a little envelope or phone icon next to their picture. What I and a few others are trying to figure out is how you get the little card next to the picture like -=Jeff=- has, which would indicate that the default action is to go to the contact card. Since contact card is not one of the options, I can't figure out how people are doing this and for some reason nobody will answer. :rolleyes:;):D

Upvote 0
Nice barn!

Also, if you like iMusic you may want to take a look at Music Junk. I've found that it has a better search engine and it doesn't run in the background all the time.

barn is not mine, it is at a local Forest Preserve/Historical Site..

People Widget:

Add to Home:
Shortcut>>Program>>People

That was it, most my contacts have no Pic associated with them just the favorites on the other screen currently

I have used iMusic once so far. I might try Music Junk, see if I like it better.

I do like Pandora so far though, but I do have limited times when I use those apps.

Upvote 0
That I understand and I have most of mine set up for their phones or email. If you look at the contacts I have in the widget it has a little envelope or phone icon next to their picture. What I and a few others are trying to figure out is how you get the little card next to the picture like -=Jeff=- has, which would indicate that the default action is to go to the contact card. Since contact card is not one of the options, I can't figure out how people are doing this and for some reason nobody will answer. :rolleyes:;):D

x2

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones