• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help LG Ally from Verizon to Straight talk??

aucadomom16

Lurker
Oct 12, 2011
I have an LG Ally and I recently just finished my contract with verizon and decided to not go back because of the outragious price it has become... I would like to use my Ally on Straight talk, does anyone know if it is possible and if so I have my MEID # i just need help figuring out how to finish unlocking the phone. Some help please!!

I think the poster is thinking "locked" as people think of unlocking GSM phones. If he finished his contract and the account is paid up then it is not locked in the verizon sense. Sounds like OP was just used to having to unlock a GSM phone to use it on another carrier. Verizon phones will activate on pageplus fine as long as it is not a prepaid phone, blackberry or lost/stolen/bill balance unpaid.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones