• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root LG Connect Optimizer Now on the Market!!!

that can be a couple of things, apps with unnecessary services running (usually downloading ads etc..), apps running constantly syncing online stuff like mail and facebook (you can increase intervals to help), not rebooting after applying my recommended settings (they are applied at boot). Im gonna add an app hog section to try and pinpoint these type of things. It's not that easy but there's ways of figuring it out. If you look at your battery chart (in Settings\About\Battery Use) you'll notice it's pretty much a straight line, then there's steep dips downwards. The trick is to try to figure out what regularly makes these dips occur. Sometimes it's 4G, sometimes apps. It takes a little bit of patience if you've got a ton of apps. The other thing is wifi eats less battery than 4G when it's available, but if it's enabled when not connected to a wifi network, it just eats extra battery. For this reason i click the disable wifi button while driving and turn it back on at home and work.

Upvote 0
Well it just keeps telling me error when I go to buy ur app

Usually this is caused by the credit card not going through for some reason, or the market app acting up. If you go to this link from a web browser on a pc, it will push it right to your phone. There's something buggy about the market app when making purchases sometimes (not just my app).

Upvote 0
Market says its incompatible with the LG MS840. Weird.

I think something really weird is up with the market today. Both my apps seem to show me the same thing as well when i browse the market. Let me see if they changed anything. This sucks :playingball:

Hmm... strangely I can log into my developer section but when i click "edit" to see my products it does nothing. They must be updating something...

Upvote 0
Running this
ae8dd501-50a9-f4f8.jpg

Upvote 0
I get the message that says I'm not rooted. I'm fully rooted and using supersu. I granted permission and it keeps saying I'm not. I had this with 1.0 but bypassed it by pressing the back button on the hard key to enter the app. I also did a permission fix with no luck. Any ideas? Supersu maybe?

root checks for /system/bin/su and /system/bin/busybox

try getting an app called root check, its possible that for some reason you only have the super user app, you might have to run the root script from this forum again

Upvote 0
My phones seems to be a but more laggy when it comes to scrolling through things ever since i downloaded this, it doesn't run as smooth at used to. Can the App be the cause off this situation?

the power saving part sacrifices speed for battery life , you could bump the min cpu freq to 384, also the on demand governor, conservative tends to do that more. also the cores are generally best left on auto, single core mode takes the biggest hit. these modes are more to address power issues rather than gain performance until an overclocked kernel is abailable.

Upvote 0
Oh had to uninstall set CPU

If you wish to use set cpu, choose the manual/advanced preset. Then use setcpu as you like. Otherwise it just fights with your phone over control :). advanced pauses your phones internal cpu control so you can use my app or others. Then pick how many cores you want on.

Note: the Auto cpu core setting is the only one that will counter this preset because the internal control not only messes with frequencies , but also turns cores on and off.

Upvote 0
it works independently so playing music over 4g in the car would probably be best suited in battery saver or 3d mode. i agree disabling data is annoying, ive had an app force me to facotry reset because it didn't work right and never have my data back.

juice savers work differently, usually just turning things on and off. in my opinion id rather turn stuff off myself in the statusbar because i dont want another app chewing cpu monitoring for certain phone conditions to happen, thats not free energy :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones