• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root LG Connect Optimizer Now on the Market!!!

i have yet to add a direct button to this but if you use Swype, long press on the bottom left button on the keyboard, go to preferences\speed vs accuracy, slide it all the way left. Swype is a cpu hog but this reduces that by a fair amount. saves some battery if you like swype. using plain keyboards uses much less too.

using go launcher ex, is also a far better home than stock, its not laggy, and uses less resources.

Upvote 0
I bought this the first day it was posted out of anticipation. Since then I've been using it the same way I also do. I've been using all the default and auto settings.

1. Performance enhance - haven't notice any difference, if any
2. Battery life - no difference might even be worse honestly (might be using more effort running things with 1 core)
3. Overheating - phone still overheats about the same rate and temperatures

Upvote 0
performance mostly comes from removing the extra apps and the tweaks, did you remove all the bloat, check the tweak checkboxes and reboot after that?

as for the battery, try manual preset, both cores on, min cpu @ 182, max cpu @ 840ish. ondemand govenor. I got around 16-17hours batt today with those, when i first bought it i was getting about 8-10 at best.

if it still gets hot on battery saver and the battery isnt lasting 12-16hrs+ of normal use (calls, texts, internet here and there) maybe you're one of the few that had a bad battery. i called and LG told me to bring mine to metro for a new one but i didn't cause after while i was building my app it just never got as hot anymore, 104F warm yes but not an uncomfortable 136F.

Upvote 0
Found another bug. If you manually set the cores to 1 only or auto it sticks, but setting to use both reverts back to auto. I was curious to try the suggested settings above which is how I discovered that.

Just in case, I tried clearing the app's cache, uninstalling and reinstalling completely and rebooting the phone. None of these options fixed the issue.

Upvote 0
1. Battery life - same or worse than without the app. I ended up uninstalling while I was testing because it was just so obvious it wasn't working. I tried the battery saver profile and messed around with some manual settings and I couldn't find anything that works. And I had manually removed bloatware prior to trying out the app.
2. Performance - on battery saver it was significantly slower than usual, which is fine. I was running everything on Go Launcher and I ended up uninstalling that to see if it cleared up the performance. It didn't do much. And on one core the phone is a nightmare.
3. Overheating - same as before. I've never really had a serious overheating problem with my device but I didn't notice any difference after using the app.

Does anyone that has used this app successfully have tips or tricks or specific settings I should use? Maybe I'm just missing something. I hate to have spent two bucks for nothing.

Upvote 0
No measurements but removed bloat &checked reccomended tweaks. seems to run smoother & longer on charge. never did have an overheat issue .

request option to remove 'what's new' &'visual voicemail '

Thanks 4 programming!!

no problem. whats new is kinda useless, visual voicemail is actually kinda useful if you haven't tried it :) shows you the number that left a message even if your phone was off.

Upvote 0
That'd be great. Before installing I approximated 7 hours. And then after installing the app with normal usage I got about 6.5.

try letting your phone die fully, not charging in between, then charge to 100% without unplugging it. my phone did the same at first. after doing that two times or so it lasted way longer. a few others reported the same thing working for them as well.

Upvote 0
all bloatware unchecked first, that reduces most of the work your phone wastes battery on. then all tweaks on.

the cpu presets never use single core because as you noticed its very slow, but using cores=auto + lowering the min cpu spees, and limiting the max cpu speed you feel it runs smootly at, in my case 600-800ish, tells your phone your energy usage is capped when you actually are using it.

higher cpu clock = +speed +power usage

lower cpu clock = -speed -power usage

I did some experiments with keyboards:
Swype = ~80% battery use over a full charge, a killer.
LG Keyboard = ~60% battery use, killer for no special features.
SwiftkeyX seems to give me the best battery usage so far.

Also with apps:
Phandroid, as much as I love it was consistently draining a small amount even when not running, but it added up to quite a bit. I use talpatalk now and it seems to use much less cpu, and only when i'm actually using it.

Reactions: KrazeeCracker
Upvote 0
I did notice that Rhapsody is behaving better while using two cores, not lagging or skipping. I prefer performance because I always have my phone plugged either at home, office or in the car. The only issue so far is that in the car one time the phone was overheating at 49C. I forgot to kill the dual core before jumping in the car. Good app for people that like to be in full control.

Upvote 0
all bloatware unchecked first, that reduces most of the work your phone wastes battery on. then all tweaks on.

the cpu presets never use single core because as you noticed its very slow, but using cores=auto + lowering the min cpu spees, and limiting the max cpu speed you feel it runs smootly at, in my case 600-800ish, tells your phone your energy usage is capped when you actually are using it.

higher cpu clock = +speed +power usage

lower cpu clock = -speed -power usage

I did some experiments with keyboards:
Swype = ~80% battery use over a full charge, a killer.
LG Keyboard = ~60% battery use, killer for no special features.
SwiftkeyX seems to give me the best battery usage so far.

Also with apps:
Phandroid, as much as I love it was consistently draining a small amount even when not running, but it added up to quite a bit. I use talpatalk now and it seems to use much less cpu, and only when i'm actually using it.

have u tried smart keyboard? how can i tell what percent it uses because it doesnt show up under settings..

Upvote 0
have u tried smart keyboard? how can i tell what percent it uses because it doesnt show up under settings..

I haven't tried that one yet. Well the easy way is from your home screen go to settings\About Phone\Battery Use. you'll see swype way at the top meaning it took the biggest slice for example. A good keyboard will be further down, assuming you used it for similar amounts of time for comparison of course.

Upvote 0
I think the last update broke my 4g. After updating, I lost my 4g service. After I rebooted phone, got absolutely no service, cycled airplane mode and managed to get 3g. Better than nothing I suppose, but still.
I know I'm not supposed to ask for links to paid apps, but can anybody pm me a link to the previous version so I can test this? If I need to provide proof of purchase I will

Edit: crap, I'm so sorry, I used search and the titles were so similar I didn't look close enough. This was meant for the esteem, so please ignore this post

Upvote 0
I think the last update broke my 4g. After updating, I lost my 4g service. After I rebooted phone, got absolutely no service, cycled airplane mode and managed to get 3g. Better than nothing I suppose, but still.
I know I'm not supposed to ask for links to paid apps, but can anybody pm me a link to the previous version so I can test this? If I need to provide proof of purchase I will

Edit: crap, I'm so sorry, I used search and the titles were so similar I didn't look close enough. This was meant for the esteem, so please ignore this post

The last update just fixed a startup bug for the lg esteem app (finally, after looking for days :) ), for the lg connect I added a new cpu preset, new icon and updated detection for root. I couldn't see any of that affecting your data. That and none of my settings change anything network related.

If you're using battery saving apps (although mine saves battery, it doesn't do so by disabling things all the time) you can pretty much count on them turning stuff like that on and off. It could have also been an outage as well, towers have problems in areas here and there so it's not totally unusual. I lost all data as well once when using Easy Battery Saver, only a factory reset helped because it messed up some APN settings pretty badly.

Upvote 0
Update: great news guys, I found something new out today to get independent cpu core control. I'm gonna re-write the cpu page to dynamically support an unlimited number of cpu's (in this phone's case 2 cores).

When i'm done this will mean: independent control over governor, and cpu min/max settings per core. I'm manually experimenting with settings to see what kinds of stuff I can expect out of it. Hopefully this further reduces battery use etc...

Reactions: pcflip
Upvote 0
5/8/2012 V1.1.3
New Tweaks:
-Browser Proxy Settings, I like mine disabled.

-Audio Subsystem Calibration (haven't tested it, but looks like you can control every single Gain level for both inputs/Mic and outputs/speakers). If you try this just be careful and raise levels slowly. Avoid distortion.

-Tether Settings (Wifi not working yet)
Hidden menu, that normally crashes if accessed by the regular settings page. Not sure if we can get wifi hotspot directly somehow, but left it in there for anyone willing to try. We might not even need a wifi hotspot app.

-Battery Info (temp/health/charge)

-4G Toggle/APN Settings (just got tired of having separate apps to get to all these things)

Upvote 0
Just flashed the broken rom on the connect the app recognize that the Cpu can go higher bkuz of the kernel on the rom but the selection when u put it on manual or any other just shows up to 1188 but the cpu time spent at each speed shows up to 1836. just wanted to let you know Kanaida no rush btw lol ur app is great just a lil intel to let uk to put in the next update. Cant thank you enough.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones