• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help LG Esteem - Rebooting at will? An Update is coming!

Ære

Android Enthusiast
Jan 31, 2011
www.thorgon.com
Just want you all to know, LG is aware of the minor issues of the newly released Esteem. LG also recommends to do a hard reset, not a soft reset and which they claim that it will fix those minor issues.

(hard reset) volume UP and Down at the same time, then power key hold ALL 3 until you see the LG boot logo come up, release. Recovery menu pops up, select wipe/clear data, wait once it's done, reboot. presto! :)

There will be an update soon and yes, over the air.

I can post more about the details later,

Was taking a nap and woke up to the LG logo and "Download is in progress. Do not disconnect cable." Could this be it?

Yes,

That is one issues for sure! Reboot or Reformat. If not take it back in, the company should be aware of this as LG is and they're creating and update for it.

You're issues I've only see a few times.

Hang in there. LG's on it!

Upvote 0
Here's a good one. My phone died last night while showing the update screen. Still having 4g connection issues. Is it probable i didn't get the update since phone croaked out? Thnx n advance

yes. If it interupted the DL and Install, yes.

Just go into the Corp store and have them send an email to have the network team do a manual push.

I do it for customers when things like this happen.

Hope this helps.

and if they don't know what you're talking about, kindly ask for the store manager and if he/she still is clueless have them email their customer OPS team. They'll. Trust me lol

Upvote 0
Those who have the FOTA update.

Did anyone happen to catch if the baseband version # is dif or kernel# etc.

Also, is any able to extract the new update so it can be manually installed for those who either have not yet received the update or was interupted or having 4G/3G connectivity issues to DL over the air.

Thanks.

Upvote 0
Ok.

So I answered my own question.

LG well this is why I enjoy LG products. They have their own update software for their phones (including ones sent from the provider as fota)

go to this link so you can update your Esteem Mobile Support

how do you know your Esteem has the new update..

simplely check under settings/about phone, and look at your baseband or SW version. If yours says, MS910ZVA then you have the stock OS version, after the update it will show MS910ZVB

Hope this helps those who would rather update now than to wait.

*note* yes, you'll have to run oneclickroot again for the Esteem.

and QPST or LGNSPT for the 3023/3024.prl update, the phone is still rootable.

Enjoy!

Upvote 0
The OTA's will end up being a big problem in the future when they figure out how we are rooting our phones and plug they whole. If they can just send a signal to our phones whenever they want to unroot us. We have to find a way to disable this feature, if we want an update we could always do it manually using the method stated above.

Reactions: Gmash
Upvote 0
When I click the link you put on, I am taken to the websiter where I first must download the drivers. When I go to corresponding provider: Metro pcs there are two driver files to download. Do I download both?Even though one of the files says optimus android?

I rooted my phone, would I have to unroot the phone before I do this process? I have been having the issue of the: Download is in progress. Do not disconnect cable. I dont know what else to do :(

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones