• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Lg Esteem Stuck on cwm-based Recovery v5.0.2.7

JETLI9454

Lurker
Jan 5, 2012
CAN ANY ONE OUT THERE HELP ME OUT??? I'M KIND OF NEW IN THE ANDROID WORLD!!!!!!!!!!!! I NEED HELP FIXING WHAT I HAVE DONE!!!

Every time I either Reboot, Install a New Rom, Restore my Back or do what ever it seem to always go back to the cwm-based Recovery v5.0.2.7

It Boots up, so im guessing that its not totally Bricked. At least im hopping that its not, and if it is can I Unbrick it.............

Attachments

• IMG_0075[1].JPG
    IMG_0075[1].JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 137
CAN ANY ONE OUT THERE HELP ME OUT??? I'M KIND OF NEW IN THE ANDROID WORLD!!!!!!!!!!!! I NEED HELP FIXING WHAT I HAVE DONE!!!

Every time I either Reboot, Install a New Rom, Restore my Back or do what ever it seem to always go back to the cwm-based Recovery v5.0.2.7

It Boots up, so im guessing that its not totally Bricked. At least im hopping that its not, and if it is can I Unbrick it.............

Sure thing. here is your savior!!! just follow up this instructions.;

http://androidforums.com/esteem-all...w-get-out-clockworkmod-recovery-bootloop.html

you know, next time you could use the search option... ;)

Reactions: LDrifta
Upvote 0
Well I was Wondering how can I unroot The LG Esteem...
Too unroot your phone follow this post: http://androidforums.com/esteem-all-things-root/436718-unrooter-download.html

Also, How could I USB TETHERED the LG Esteem, so that I could plug it to an Xbox360 so that i could go online.

Due to MetroPCS' Terms of Service and not having a tethering plan nor allowing tethering currently work arounds and/or help tethering your device will be given here at Android Forums.

You can read about MetroPCS' official tethering policy here: http://androidforums.com/metro-pcs/455721-metropcss-official-tethering-policy.html

Upvote 0
Same problem but I downloaded the Program recommended to my computer but don't know how to download to my SD card.+ I have no idea how to OPEN the file as well.gives Me Options.Can someone HELP How do I open the file...I'M A MESS??? HUH???...All i really do is check email suff the web is all.Phones been down for a Week.Where can I go so some one can HELP me.It's "STRAIGHT TALK" phone...WAAAAH!!!! My Lg Phone is a "LG optimus Q L55c slider"

Upvote 0
hey man plz help me ............
i have ace plus........n .i downloaded rom manager from google play...........

n by mistake i hit the option run cwm based recovery now im struck in cwm recovery v5.0.2.0.8 when i click the reboot now option nothin happens just again reboots to recovery mode plz help ............as quick as u can !?
:( :thinking: :( :thinking: :(

Upvote 0
Hello and welcome to the forums . I see u having issues with your device . But to fix and clear things up . This site android forums has many different android selection .for example this section is for the ANDROID Lg Esteem . Any thing in this section is to fix and modify the esteem and may work on other devices . Now u have a problem with a samsung device and your device needs clockworkmod and the odin recovery . Now to get these on the device u need 3 things . They are as follow . First you will need a workable pc / laptop second will be all the device drivers downloaded to the pc / laptop and last you will need your usb cord and the device you want to root or modify.:eek::cool: now keep in mind at any way shape or form is anyone from this forum or site reliable for anything you do or perform to your android device. Be careful and if u not a flasher or have any rooting knowledge . Please read and under stand what u are doing . And if you need any help come to the android forum and goto your device section :D:eek::screwy::cool:

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones