• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help LG G Stylo (VM) - Stock - Unable To Upgrade From LS770ZVB

ejbjpb

Jul 30, 2014
My LG G Stylo with Virgin Mobile is a couple of years old, is completely stock, and on August 1st started having critical issues such as:

Phone wouldn't update software, showing "Unfortunately, com.lge.lgdmsclient has stopped" whenever I attempted to manually check for updates or update PRL, or after attempting to activate through Virgin Mobile's dial codes.

VM's 'My Account' app is now listed as 'Core Zone' and displays the same message of, "Unfortunately, Core Zone has stopped," so I cannot do diagnostics on the phone through my provider's app.

I tried factory resetting and these issues are still present after every reset. My phone is not recognized by LG Flash, LG Bridge, or any tool to aid in the rooting process. Currently says my software version is LS770ZVB.

I'm not sure why, but after factory resetting it would take a few restarts to get a connection to the mobile network (my account with VM is current).

This past weekend, for the 2nd time (first occurrence was weekend after August 1st) my phone generated many error messages and then would restart but not go past the Virgin Mobile splash screen. I would pull the battery then try again; when it would eventually get to the app optimization screen it often would restart after all apps optimized as opposed to actually starting. Please let me know if this sounds like you can help me.

Android 6.0
Build MRA58K
LS770ZVB

Last edited:
Flash tool, uppercut etc should work fine provided you have the correct usb drivers installed, a working usb cable... I hear oh this is the original cable alot due to my website... Find a old cable, manufacturer isn't important. If a device is not detected it's one of a few things.

Bad usb cable, drivers not installed, or your using 1.0 or 3.0 usb ports.

Setting the com number and having the device in download mode is important as well.

Upvote 0
Flash tool, uppercut etc should work fine provided you have the correct usb drivers installed, a working usb cable... I hear oh this is the original cable alot due to my website... Find a old cable, manufacturer isn't important. If a device is not detected it's one of a few things.

Bad usb cable, drivers not installed, or your using 1.0 or 3.0 usb ports.

Setting the com number and having the device in download mode is important as well.

I was unaware it HAD to be USB 2.0, so I'll make sure I don't use my 3.0 ports. I'll see if I can grab a cable from someone to be sure that's not the problem either; it'd be great to use any of these amazing tools and the files I've acquired to easily solve this issues that's going on 1 month!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones