• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

LG G2 or S4?

triquetraB

Lurker
Dec 13, 2013
Excuse me if this is the wrong place, I'm new to this forum.

Anyways, I currently have a Galaxy S3 on AT&T. It works great, and gets things done for me. However, I am very picky about performance and design. Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas is coming out for Android next week, and I'm looking to get a newer and better phone that'll be able to play it best.

Here's my question, in terms of gaming, should I get the LG G2 or the Samsung Galaxy S4? Also, which one would have better performance and last longer? Keep in mind that I always like to root my phone, and I prefer my ROM to be Cyanogenmod.

Thanks, and sorry if that was a bit confusing.

The G2 also has the Adreno 330 GPU vs the GS4 which houses the 320. So you should see better performance with the G2 for what you're wanting in particular. Plus the G2 has some of the best battery life currently available which is another of your wants.

GS4 is a great phone, I have zero hate there. Just being real about the numbers as it pertains to your wish list. Root is available for the G2 and what we have for CM right now is nightlies for CM11 (kitkat).

Upvote 0
The G2 also has the Adreno 330 GPU vs the GS4 which houses the 320. So you should see better performance with the G2 for what you're wanting in particular. Plus the G2 has some of the best battery life currently available which is another of your wants.

GS4 is a great phone, I have zero hate there. Just being real about the numbers as it pertains to your wish list. Root is available for the G2 and what we have for CM right now is nightlies for CM11 (kitkat).

Wow, I've been comparing specs, but I must have not noticed that. My decision is balancing over to the LG G2, thanks for that info!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones